Tuesday, July 7, 2015

How to make your own sugar lip scurb

Don't you hate having chapped lips, flakes coming off and your lips start breaking and bleeding. No matter how much chap stick you use it seems to never go away, that's how it is for me. If you're in the same boat you know how I feel, it's painful. So I did some research to find a solution and just about everything I read mentioned lip scrubs. I've heard of them before but never thought anything of it so I never went to go looking for it. I live in a very small town that has next to nothing, we don't even have a Forever 21! So it was very disappointing when I couldn't find a lip scrub in any of our stores. Then I got the idea to try make one myself, I love DIY's they're fun to do, cheap (cause all the stuff you need is usually already in your kitchen), and you know what your putting in it, so no bad chemicals (I think). This is very easy to do and you don't need to many ingredients.

So what you'll need:

Sugar or brown sugar- you can use either or half in half (I used regular white sugar)

Honey or olive oil, coconut oil- your choice you can use any of them (I used honey)

Optional- Vanilla extract
You don't really need it it just makes the scrub taste and smell better (In this recipe I didn't put it in but feel free to do so if you want)

And a container to put it in- I stole a to-go pill container from my mom (Shhhh don't tell her)





And that's it!



All you have to do is add a tablespoon of the sugar that your using into a small bowl. Then add honey or the oil if your using oil, into the sugar. I used honey and all I needed was about 3 small dots, you don't need very much honey or oil just enough for the sugar to stick together. Then stir it up so that all the sugar is mixed in with the honey. Now all you have to do is put it in a container of your choice and that's it! Simple and easy.





How to use:

  Apply a small amount to your lips and scrub vigorously enough to loosen the dead skin. After that leave on for 1 minute then wipe of with a damp cloth. Make sure to always apply lip balm after using. It's best to only use this once a week, twice at the most but no more then that.

That's all for this post I hope you enjoyed if you did please let me know in the comments, and if you tried it tell me what you think. Thanks for reading!

Till next time
C.j.

No comments:

Post a Comment