Saturday, August 8, 2015

DIY Flower Pens and Painted Mason Jars


Back to school is coming soon, sad for some, exciting for others, so I thought I'd share with you a DIY. Here's a way to make your boring pens look more pretty and a painted mason jar to put them in, which looks really cute on your desk. So lets get started 
.

For the pens you'll need, pens (obviously), scissors, floral tape and plastic flowers.

All you have to do is cut off the flowers so that there's still some steam just a little shorter then the pen. Also cut off a leaf if you want a leaf on your pen. I made some with and some without.


Take the flower and put it so that top of the flower is on top of the pen. Next take the floral tape and start rapping it around the pen and flower steam, making sure they're no gaps between.


A little bit down add the leaf, rapping the floral tape around it. Then just keep rapping until you're at the tip of the pen, cut off the floral tape and cause it's sticky, you just have to smooth it down on the pen.



That's it, you can make as many pens as you'd like, with any type of flowers you want.



For the mason jars, it's real simple, all you'll need is paint and a mason jar. The paint I used is this acrylic paint that I bought in the dollar store, nothing fancy.


All you have to do is squirt a big amount of the paint, on the bottom of the jar. Once you've done that, put the lid back on and shake the jar so that the paint covers the whole jar (I found this part hard cause it didn't cover the whole jar, but all I did was squirt more paint on the sides and let it roll down).


Then let is sit upside down over night to dry and any extra paint fall to the lid. The next day when I opened it it was still wet so I turned it upright and left it for another day to dry (which I forgot to take a picture of but I'm sure you get it). And that's it! You can do any color you want, add ribbon like I did, get creative with it. I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments if you tried this and send me pictures. Thanks for reading.

Till next time
C.j.


No comments:

Post a Comment